Thursday, May 6, 2010

Arabian Princess

At first glance,you would assume I wasn't the type to care about fashion. I would have to agree with you but only to some degree. I'm the jeans and tee type of girl. I would choose comfort any day. I'm unwilling to spend thousands of dollars on something I would most likely wear once unless it was for my wedding. I am however very aware of its importance and I do appreciate fashion for what it is — expression. I get it! I'm a designer as well, second-year visual communication, and am in awe whenever I see fashion shows. Never actually attended one but I've seen snippets and can I say there are some brilliant designers out there! This now leads me to my first post on design and the honour goes to, drum roll please, Alex Perry! Can I say the honour is all mine? He's absolutely fabulous! His designs at the RAFW were stunning! I loved them!!! There were long flowing gowns with the most beautifully detailed beading, which to me seem to have come straight out of a fairytale and then there were his mini hemline dresses, which were as equally exquisite. They also had this touch of sexiness about them.Alex Perry has definitely out-done himself. It was just breath-taking and very fitting to the theme of Arabian Princess.

After-thought Rants: Yes, I know jeans and tee can be high-end. Yes, I know high-end fashion can be comfortable. Yes, I know fashion doesn't have to be expensive. Let's just assume, for this posting, fashion is uncomfortable and pricey.



Photo Credit: Lucas Dawson, www.lucasdawson.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment